Sunday, October 2, 2016

Clarification/Few Announcements

I'm pretty sure I confused the runners as well as myself on Friday at our pre-practice meeting.  Sorry.  I've got so much going on right now and between my ears that it got a little jumbled.

So here is some clarification on some upcoming dates and events.

#1 This Friday, October 7th is Homecoming.  So instead of trying to fight all of the festivities (can't fight city hall), We are going to hold practice 6:30 am - 7:15 am at Rescue Squad Park.  This will be a short practice.  Students will be allowed to get ready for school in the gym locker rooms or if they would like be the stinky kid in school that day.

#2 This Saturday, October 8th is the NCRunners.com Invite in Kernersville.  We are only taking top seven to this meet.  I have already talked to those runners.  We will leave LCS at 6 am.  More details/itinerary to follow.

#3 Friday, October 14th is Track Attack.  I encourage all runners outside of the top seven to run this race.  Anyone else that wants to run I will allow this year bc we do not have a meet the next day.  Cost of race is $17.  I also let the kids know that if they are not running, I will need all hands on deck to help make this a success.  Yes, this has been placed on my plate as well.  I could use some parent help as well for the water table, course marshalls, crowd control, etc.  5K Registration is via My Payments Plus.  You can also register race day but I would get it done early

#4 1A West Regionals 10/28.  Stay tuned for more announcements.  I will need volunteers to help run this meet.  Even if your kid is not running I can use you.  We will be done at noon and you could enjoy Asheville afterward!  Great day trip!  I know that some of you have told me you would be able to help already.  I will know more after this wed 10/05.  I will be in Chapel Hill for the regional directors meeting.

Track Attack Flyer
http://denverpto.lincolncharter.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2016/08/Front-of-TA-Tri-Fold.pdf